10 finalists announced for Belarusian Eurovision selection
Belarus will select its representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 no later than January 25, and today, 10 finalists were announced.
A jury sat through several auditions, before selecting the 10 lucky acts that will compete to sing for Belarus in Stockholm.
The 10 Belarusian finalists
- Aleksander Ivanov – How To Fly
- Alexej Gross – Flame
- Anastasia Malashkevich – Pray For Love
- Kirill Ermakov – Running To The Sun
- Valeria Sadovskaya – Not Alone
- Band Radiowolna – Don’t Get Crazy
- Band NAVI – This Land
- Band THE EM – Turn Around
- Sasha Sakharik – Glory Night
- NAPOLI – My Universe
Returning from having previously attempted to represent Belarus are Alexej Gross, Anastasia Malashkevich, and NAPOLI.
100 % televote decides
In 2015, Uzari and Maimuna came third in the televote, yet won due to the jury. They eventually did not qualify for the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, after finishing 12th in the semi-final.