14 acts qualify for national final in Malta's song contest
A total of 20 acts competed tonight in the semi-final of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2016, fighting for 14 spots in Saturday night’s national final.
Hosted by Ben Camille, the result was decided by a jury and televote combined.
The semi-final qualifiers
(Eliminated in red)
- Chameleon (Invincible) – Ira Losco. Composed by Ira Losco & Talkback
- Falling Glass – Corazón. Composed by Jonas Gladnikoff, Sara Ljunggren & Georgios Kalpakidis
- Light Up My Life – Stefan Galea. Composed by Ylva Persson & Linda Persson
- Empty Hearted – Domenique. Composed by Ylva Persson, Linda Persson & Dimitri Stassos
- I Love You – Dario. Composed by Henric Pieroff & Sandra Nordstorm
- Under The Sun – Daniel Testa. Composed by Daniel Testa, Elton Zarb and Matthew Mercieca
- The Flame – Jessika. Composed by Philip Vella & Gerard James Borg
- Alive – Jasmine. Composed by Paul Abela, Michael James Down, Marie Pettersson & Filip Lindfors
- Flashing Lights – Raquel. Composed by Cyprian Cassar & Matthew Mercieca
- Golden – Brooke. Composed by Brooke Borg, Sara Biglert, Christian Schneider & Aidan O’Connor
- Lighthouse – Kim. Composed by Cyprian Cassar & Matthew Mercieca
- Right Here With You – Sarah Crystal. Composed by Toby Farrugia, Pamela Bezzina & Sarah Crystal
- Frontline – Danica. Composed by Philip Vella & Emil Calleja Bayliss
- Kingdom – Christabelle. Composed by Elton Zarb & Matthew Mercieca
- Little Love – Franklin. Composed by Cyprian Cassar & Matthew Mercieca
- Fire Burn – Dominic. Composed by Jonas Gladnikoff, William Taylor & Natasha Turner
- That’s Why I Love You – Ira Losco. Composed by Ira Losco, Howard Keith, Mathias Strasser & Stefan Moessle
- You’re Beautiful – Laurence Gary. Composed by Paul Giordimaina & Fleur Balzan
- Young Love – Maxine. Composed by Elton Zarb & Matthew Mercieca
- All Around The World – Deborah C. Composed by Michael James Down, Jonas Gladnikoff, Primoz Poglage, Matthew Ker & Angie Laus.
The Maltese representative will be decided Saturday night, January 23, when the qualifying 14 acts will compete for the ticket to Stockholm, starting at 20:45 CET. Once again, a combination of jury and televote will decide the outcome.
Like last year, PBS reserves the right to change the winning song for Stockholm, guaranteeing only the artist. They did not exercise that right last year.