Anton Ewald and Alcazar win tickets to the Swedish final!
The Swedish selection Melodifestivalen continued tonight, with eight acts fighting for two spots in the final.
After the songs were performed, the show saw a visit by Tomas Ledin, the Swedish 1980 Eurovision representative, who performed a medley.
The first round of voting eliminated IDA in sixth place, Josef Johansson in seventh place, and Janet Leon in eighth place.
Voting continued, with the Tomas Ledin interval, before the final results were announced. The first called to the final was Anton Ewald. Then, after he got to perform his song again, Ammotrack and Ellinore Holmer were announced to move on to the Second Chance show next week, while Alcazar got the other ticket to the final. Unfortunately, that meant Linda Bengtzing had to leave the competition, coming 5th.
1. ”Blame It On The Disco” – Alcazar – FINAL
2. ”Fight Me If You Dare” – I.D.A – OUT 6th
3. ”Hollow” – Janet Leon – OUT 8th
4. ”Raise Your Hands” – Ammotrack – SECOND CHANCE
5. ”Hela natten” – Josef Johansson – OUT 7th
6. ”Ta mig” – Linda Bengtzing – OUT 5th
7. ”En himmelsk sång” – Ellinore Holmer – SECOND CHANCE
8. ”Natural” – Anton Ewald – FINAL
This was the fourth and last semi-final of Melodifestivalen. Next week, the Andra Chansen (Second Chance) show airs, featuring the contestants that placed third and fourth in the four semi-finals. Eight contestants will fight for the final two places in the final on March 8, to air live from the Friends Arena in Stockholm.
Photos: Olle Kirchmeier / SVT