Criteria for Eurovision 2017 city selection known
Eric Nocito | On 28, Jun 2016
As the summer progresses after the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, preparations are being made in Ukraine for 2017 and its host city selection, with the criteria and timelines announced.
Below are the guidelines for hosting Eurovision 2017:
- Venue must house all rehearsals and performances. Must be covered roof and hold at least an audience of 7,000 people, preferably 10,000.
- Press center must be able to hold no less than 1,500 people and be close to the arena.
- City must have locations available for welcome and farewell ceremonies of up to 3,000 people.
- City must have social program showcasing the cultural and original identity of the host city and Ukraine.
- City must have modern transportation, international airport (with excellent transport between city and airport).
Below is the timeline for the host city selection:
- June 24 – July 8 – Application period for interested cities.
- July 8 – 15 – Prelimary review of applicants
- July 18 – 22 – Two cities chosen as finalists.
- July 22 – August 1 – Inspection of criteria and decision on host city made.
The preliminary dates for Eurovision 2017 are May 9, 11, and 13, 2017.
Who will be chosen? Kyiv, L’viv, or Odesa?