First semi-final results of Eesti Laul
In the country that loves their vowels, Estonian broadcaster Eesti Rahvusringhääling aired the first of two semi-finals this past weekend of their Eurovision selection show Eesti Laul 2016.
After a record number of 238 submissions were made, an expert jury panel narrowed the search down to just 20 semi-finalists.
First Semi-Finalist Entrants
- The Jingles – “Love A Little Bit”
- Würffel – “I’m Facing North”
- Mick Pedaja – “Seis”
- Indrek Ventmann – “Hispaania tüdruk”
- Cartoon feat. Kristel Aaslaid – “Immortality”
- Kéa – “Lonely Boy”
- Kati Laev & Noorkuu – “Kaugel sinust”
- Zebra Island – “How Many Times”
- Laura – “Supersonic”
- Windy Beach – “Salty Wounds”
Jury and Public Advance Five
A jury and public votes would be combined 50/50 to advance the top five entrants. The contestants that will move on to the finals in two weeks are: Mick Pedaja, Cartoon feat. Kristel Aaslaid, Kéa, Kati Laev & Noorkuu, and Laura. You might remember Laura from when she represented Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2005 as a part of Suntribe and their song “Let’s Get Loud.”
Ten more semi-finalists will compete this coming weekend, where another five will move on to the finals.