First three finalists for Eurovision chosen in Iceland!
The first semi-final of Iceland’s national selection, Söngvakeppnin 2016, took place on Saturday and three acts have been chosen to progress to the Icelandic final.
- Greta Salóme – Raddirnar (Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir)
- Hjörtur Traustason & Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir – Hugur minn er (Þórunn Erna Clausen)
- Ingólfur Þórarinsson – Fátækur námsmaður (Ingólfur Þórarinsson)
- The Band Eva – Ég sé þig (Sigríður Eir Zophoniasardóttir & Jóhanna Vala Höskuldsdóttir)
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi (Kristinn Sigurpáll Sturluson, Ylva Persson, Linda Persson & Karlotta Sigurðardóttir)
- Sigga Eyrún – Kreisí (Karl Olgeirsson & Sigríður Eyrún Friðriksdóttir)
The top three songs were chosen by a public televote.
- Greta Salóme – Raddirnar
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi
- Hjörtur Traustason & Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir – Hugur minn er
The three qualifiers from semi-final one will compete in the Söngvakeppnin 2016 final on February 20. A wild card chosen from the non-qualifiers from both semi-finals will also be chosen by a jury to compete in the final.