Five Spanish finalists revealed
RTVE, Spain’s national broadcaster, revealed the names of the five artists that will compete for the chance to represent their country at Eurovision 2014.
- Ruth Lorenzo – “Dancing in the Rain” (Ruth Lorenzo / Jim Irvin / Julian Emery)
- Raúl – “Seguir sin ti” (William Duque & Domingo Sánchez)
- Jorge González – “Aunque se acabe el mundo” (Kiko Rodríguez / Bruno Nicolás / Leticia Fuentes / María José Fernández)
- Brequette – “Más (Run)” (Thomas G:son / Tony Sanchez)
- La Dama – “Estrella fugaz” (Melendi)
Ruth Lorenzo is looking to be the favorite to win the show. Despite being fairly unknown in Spain, she has risen to fame in the UK after achieving fifth place in X-Factor UK. She will sing a dance track.
Raúl will compete with a ballad. He has previously competed in the preselection for Eurovision 2000.
La Dama, aka Damaris Abad Anselmo, is hoping to represent Spain with an electronic pop/R&B song. She had previously submitted an entry for Eurovision 2009, but decided to not compete.
Jorge González is known for competing on “Operación Triunfo” and “La Voz” (“The Voice”). He tried his luck for Eurovision in 2009 when he received the 8th place in the national final.
Brequette, also of “La Voz” fame, will sing a ballad written by Thomas G:son, who wrote the 2012 entries of Sweden and Spain.
The winner will be chosen by 50% jury vote and 50% public vote and will go on to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark.