It's Ruth Lorenzo for Spain!
Eric Nocito | On 22, Feb 2014
After the five artists performed their entries for the Spanish audience on the show ¡Mira quién va a Eurovisión, Ruth Lorenzo was declared the winner with the song “Dancing in the Rain.” (Video above)
This was determined by 50% jury and 50% televote.
The line up:
- Brequette – “Más (Run)” (Thomas G:son / Tony Sanchez)
- La Dama – “Estrella fugaz” (Melendi)
- Ruth Lorenzo – “Dancing in the Rain” (Ruth Lorenzo / Jim Irvin / Julian Emery)
- Jorge González – “Aunque se acabe el mundo” (Kiko Rodríguez / Bruno Nicolás / Leticia Fuentes / María José Fernández)
- Raúl – “Seguir sin ti” (William Duque & Domingo Sánchez)
After the jury had voted, Brequette took the lead:
But, then the televote came in. It placed Dana in 5th place, Raúl in 4th place, Jorge in 3rd place, Brequette in 2nd place, and Ruth Lorenzo in 1st place. This tied Brequette and Ruth with 66 points, but the televote ruled. Ruth did not realize this at first, being very surprised upon learning she was the winner. (She has not realized yet in the below screenshot)
Ruth Lorenzo will represent Spain in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 on May 10. Spain will vote in the first semi-final, following the allocation draw.