Latvia chooses 24 songs
LTV, Latvia’s national broadcaster, announced the 24 songs that have been chosen to compete in the semi-finals of “Dziesma 2014.”
The songs may be listened to here.
The 24 entries:
- “Is It Possible”, music: Edgars Kokorevičs, lyrics: Sabīne Vidriķe
- “Pēdējā vēstule”, music: Artūrs Šingirejs, lyrics: Ingus Bērziņš
- “Just Stop”, music: Ruslans Kuksinovičs, Oskars Deigelis; lyrics: Oskars Deigelis
- “Pressure”, music & lyrics: Žanna Berezina
- “I’m happy”, music & lyrics: Tamāra Rutkovska
- “Stay”, music & lyrics: Ingars Viļums
- “Here I am again”, music & lyrics: Vladimirs Koževņikovs (Niko)
- “Bučas”, music: Aldis Zaļūksnis (Midis), lyrics: Mārtiņš Poļakovskis (Holis)
- “You Are The Reason”, music: Katrine Lukins, Kārlis Indrišonoks; lyrics: Katrine Lukins
- “Going All the Way”, music & lyrics: Janis Driksna
- “Lights on”, music: Gaitis Lazdāns, lyrics: Markus Riva
- “This moment and tomorrow”, music: Edgars Beļickis, Kārlis Auziņš; lyrics: Mikus Frišvelds
- “If I Could (Let Away)”, music: Miks Žagars, Raitis Aušmuksts; lyrics: Miks Žagars
- “I can breathe”, music & lyrics: Aminata Savadogo
- “I’ve got”, music & lyrics: Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- “Revelation”, mūzikas autori Ralfs Eilands, Valters Pūce, Ansis Grūbe; lyrics: Ralfs Eilands
- “I need more”, music & lyrics: Alise Ketnere (Fox Lima)
- “Cake To Bake”, music & lyrics: Guntis Veilands
- “Breathe slow”, music: Edgars Viļums, lyrics: Anete Volmane
- “Pa vidu Tu”, music & lyrics: Andris Kivičs
- “I need a soul-twin”, music & lyrics: Mārtiņš Kits
- “What if it was”, music & lyrics: Rolands Ūdris
- “Dejo Tā”, music: Kaspars Dvinskis; lyrics: Sabīne Berezina, Kaspars Dvinskis
- “Take Away”, music: Tomass Kleins, lyrics: Guntars Račs.
The artists of the songs are not revealed yet. The songwriters have until January 7 to assign an artist to their song. The artist must be Latvian, based on the show’s concept, “Made in Latvia.”
A familiar face is Ralfs Eilands, who represented Latvia in 2013 in the group PeR. No word if he will be performing or is just composing and writing the entry.
The 24 entries were chosen by a Latvian and foreign jury. One notable name on the jury was Maja Keuc, who represented Slovenia in 2011.
The entries will compete in one of two semi-finals on February 1 and 2 at the venue “Sapnu fabrika” in Riga. where 12 will move on to the final on February 22 at the venue “Juras varti” in Ventspils.
The winner will go on to represent Latvia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark.