Lighthouse X wins and will represent Denmark in Eurovision 2016!
The Danish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, Melodi Grand Prix, just concluded in Horsens, Denmark.
Following a top 3 final, Lighthouse X came out on top and will represent Denmark in Stockholm this May!
The 10 competing entries
- David Jay – “Rays of Sunlight”
- Simone – “Heart Shaped Hole”
- Bracelet – “Breakaway”
- Sophia Nohr – “Blue Horizon”
- Veronicas Illusion – “The Wrong Kind”
- Lighthouse X – “Soldiers of Love”
- Kristel Lisberg – “Who Needs A Heart”
- Jessica – “Break It Good”
- Muri & Mario – “To stjerner”
- Anja Nissen – “Never Alone”
The top 3 performs again
Following the 10 songs, the voting decided on a top three super final. The result was decided by a split between a professional jury and the Danish public.
Simone, Anja Nissen, and Lighthouse X advanced to the super final, where the result was left to the televote alone, as the top three performed again.
Lighthouse X wins
Following a performance by the winner of Eurovision Song Contest 2012, Loreen, the final result came in. Placing in third, with 22 percent of the vote, Simone came in third place for a third time. Anja Nissen ended up in second place with 36 percent of the vote, as Lighthouse X took the victory with 42 percent of the vote.