Maltese selection for Eurovision 2016 to be held in January!
Last year, due to Malta’s commitments as hosts of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, the Maltese selection was held in November.
For 2016, Malta is staging their selection in January and thus confirming their participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016!
Rules and Information
- Last year’s winner, Amber, may not participate in the competition.
- All artists participating in as lead role must be of Maltese nationality or, have dual Maltese citizenship. Song-writers may be of any nationality.
- Submissions of entries will be received on October 29 and 30.
- As well as submitting their recording of an original song, artists must also submit one of other recording of any song. This can be a cover version or a song that has been previously released.
- Twenty finalists will be selected and announced in November 2015.
- There will be a panel of six judges and televoters will count as the seventh judge.
- In part one of the final stages, artists may interpret two songs. In part two of the final stages, they may only interpret one song.
- Fourteen songs will qualify for the final phase.
The full regulations of the Maltese selection can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Eurovision 2015, Malta just missed out on a place in the final. Amber finished in 11th place in semi final two with “Warrior”.