Mélanie René will represent Switzerland at Eurovision 2015!
Tonight saw the national final (Die Entscheidungsshow) take place in Switzerland where 6 acts sang for their place in Vienna. A winner arose in Mélanie René and her song, ‘Time to Shine’!
Sven Epiney hosted the contest tonight, which began with the finalists singing their prospective Eurovision entries:
- Deborah Bough – Take me back to 23
- Timebelle – Singing About Love
- Licia Chery – Fly
- Andy McSean – Hey Now
- Mélanie René – Time To Shine
- Tiziana – Only Human
The 6 finalists then sang a cover of a hit song:
- Deborah Bough – Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- Timebelle – Rude Boy by Rihanna
- Licia Chery – All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
- Andy McSean – Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
- Mélanie René – Chandelier by Sia
- Tiziana – Power Of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood
The reigning champion of Eurovision, Conchita Wurst, made an appearance and performed her winning ballad, ‘Rise Like a Phoenix’, before the results were announced.
Mélanie won the public and the 10-member-jury over in a 50:50 televote and jury vote. You can watch her official music video for ‘Time to Shine’ below. Will she surpass Sebalter‘s 13th place when she sings in Vienna? There’s only one way to find out!