Melodifestivalen 2015 host cities and dates revealed
Swedish broadcaster SVT has revealed when and where the big Swedish selection Melodifestivalen will return next year.
Two Swedish towns will get to host their first ever Melodifestivalen shows. The show returns to four previously visited destinations, including the capital.
Six Saturdays of Melodifestivalen
The first semi-final of the 2015 edition will air on Saturday, February 7, live from Göteborg, kicking off six Saturdays of Melodifestivalen. The final and selection of the Swedish representative for Vienna will be picked on March 14, when the show returns to the Friends Arena for the third time.
The dates and hosts:
- February 7, Göteborg, Scandinvium (2003–2014)
- February 14, Malmö, Malmö Arena (2004, 2009–2014)
- February 21, Östersund, Östersund Arena (debut)
- February 28, Örebro, Conventum Örebro (2010)
- March 7, Helsingborg, Helsingborg Arena (debut)
- March 14, Stockholm, Friends Arena (2002–2014; 2002–2012 i Ericsson Globe)
The 2015 Melodifestivalen is undergoing some changes, compared to the previous 13 editions of the show.