Oscar Zia and Ace Wilder win tickets to Melodifestivalen final
The Swedish selection Melodifestivalen continued tonight, with eight acts fighting for the two spots in the final.
After the songs were performed, a musical performance of the Sochi Olympics, featuring comedian Björn Gustafsson, entertained while the televotes came in.
The first round of voting eliminated Shirley Clamp in sixth place, CajsaStina Åkerström in seventh place, and EKO in eighth place.
Voting continued, before the final results were announced. The first called to the final was Oscar Zia. Then, Outtrigger and State of Drama were announced to move on to the Second Chance show on March 1, while Ace Wilder got the other ticket to the final.
1. ”Echo” – Outtrigger – SECOND CHANCE
2. ”Red” – EKO – ELIMINATED 8TH PLACE
3. ”Yes We Can” – Oscar Zia – TO FINAL
4. ”Burning Alive” – Shirley Clamp – ELIMINATED 6TH PLACE
5. ”All We Are” – State of Drama – SECOND CHANCE
6. ”En enkel sång” – CajsaStina Åkerström – ELIMINATED 7TH PLACE
7. ”Busy Doin’ Nothin’” – Ace Wilder – TO FINAL
8. ”Around the World” – dr. alban & Jessica Folcker – ELIMINATED 5TH PLACE
This was the third of four semi-finals and a second chance show, before the Swedish representative is found on March 8 in Friends Arena, Stockholm.
Photos: Olle Kirchmeier / SVT