Ruth Lorenzo interview: "Just keep on going and dance in the rain!"
With only hours until her performance at Eurovision In Concert, Ruth Lorenzo was kind enough to take some time out of her busy schedule to share her thoughts about Eurovision.
In an interview with ESC Reporter, Ruth revealed her love for Eurovision and shared her plans for her performance in May.
- Thank you for sitting down with us, Ruth!
Thanks for the interview!!!!!! :)
- You won “¡Mira quién va a Eurovisión!” – do you feel any pressure from representing Spain in Eurovision?
I wouldn’t describe it as pressure… I think it’s a big responsibility and it’s such a pleasure to be representing Spain! I want to make my country and Europe feel proud of my performance and I am working hard to achieve that.
“No matter what happens,
just keep on going and dance in the rain!”
- Your song is called “Dancing in the Rain” – what is it about and what was the inspiration?
I wrote “Dancing in the Rain” during one of my worst moments in London, when I thought of giving up. I was sitting in a pizza restaurant and it was raining outside, and then I suddenly thought “so what if it’s raining, keep on going!!” – that’s the message of my song!
No matter what happens, just keep on going and dance in the rain!
- You competed in the UK version of “X Factor.” How do you think that experience will influence and help your Eurovision bid?
“X Factor” gave me the experience of singing in front of millions of people every weekend!
- Are you planning any promotion or touring before Eurovision?
Yes! We are planning it right now! I cannot wait :)
- Will you be preparing a special performance of your song? Any special outfits?
I want to create a moment! A special moment. I am designing the outfit right now! I have so many ideas that we have to concentrate in one dress!
- What do you hope people will remember you for once Eurovision is over?
For creating a moment in Eurovision. I want people to remember my performance.
- This is the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest, are you a fan and if so how long have you watched?
Since I was a kid!! Since I can remember I watched Eurovision. I never miss it!
“And of course I love Conchita!!”
- How you heard any other Eurovision songs this year? Which do you like?
Yes! Most of them. I love the UK and Irish entries. And of course I love Conchita!! I can’t wait to meet her.
- Do you have any favorite Eurovision songs from previous years?
I love Loreen. Her performance and song were epic!
- Have you ever visited Copenhagen?
Never!!!!! I can’t wait to visit the Mermaid!
- If you could pick anyone, who would you like to collaborate with in the future?
Freddie Mercury…. I know it’s impossible but I would love to record a song with him!
- If you weren’t a professional singer, what do you think you would be working with? Besides music, what keeps you happy and motivated in life?
- Have you ever attended a Eurovision and what are your expectations of the Eurovision experience?
Never! I’ve always watched it on TV. It’s going to be amazing…
- Do you have a special message for the readers of ESCReporter.com?
Thanks so much for reading my interview!! I hope you enjoy “Dancing in the Rain” and see you in Denmark!!
Thank you again, Ruth! Good luck and see you in Copenhagen!
Ruth Lorenzo will perform in the Grand Final on May 10 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Ruth Lorenzo – “Dancing in the Rain”