Spain reveals their six finalists for the national Eurovision selection
RTVE, the Spanish national broadcaster, has revealed the names of the six acts that will compete in the Spanish national selection to represent the country in Stockholm for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
The six candidates
The names of the acts were revealed by RTVE on their website and social networks on December 29, 2015. The songs that will compete in the national selection will not be revealed until January 2016.
These are the acts that are competing to represent Spain in Stockholm:
- Xuso Jones: Singer from Murcia, Spain. He will participate with a song written by Andreas Öhrn (Singer in Swedish group Gravitonas) and Peter Boström (Loreen’s “Euphoria” and “Amanecer” co-writer).
- Salvador Beltrán: Beltrán told RTVE that he wants to represent Spain with a “song full of optimism that shows Europe the happiest side of Spain.” It is written by Salvador Beltrán and Miguel Ángel Arenas ‘Capi.’
- Maverick: Singer, will participate with a latino song with electro sounds created by Juan Magan, Luiggi Olivares and Darling A.Cuevas.
- María Isabel: The former Junior Eurovision winner wants to represent her country with a dance pop song, created by David Santisteban.
- Electric Nana: Indie pop singer, will compete with a song created by herself.
- Barei: The biggest surprise in the selection process. Barei said to RTVE that she is participating with an electro pop song, written by herself and Rubén Villanueva.
The selection process
The public can watch the six competing acts introducing themselves on video on the RTVE website.
Although RTVE has not published the dates of the national final, the songs of the six candidates will be revealed on the official website in January 2016. The six acts will perform for the audience in February.