Tonight: Denmark chooses its representative for Copenhagen!
Tonight, the 10 contestants announced back in January will battle for victory in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2014, live from Odense!
The winner will win the unique opportunity of representing the host country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The finalists in order of appearance (click song names to listen)
Bryan Rice Choose You
Songwriters: Lars Halvor Jensen, Johannes Jørgensen, Shanna Crooks
- Rebekka Thornbech Your Lies
Songwriters: Danne Attlerud, Gustav Eurén, Niclas Arn
- Sonny Feeling The You
Songwriters: Frederik Tao Nordsøe Schjoldan, Thomas Lumpkins
- Danni Elmo She’s The One
Songwriters: Engelina, Alexander Brown, Søren Vestergaard, Marcus Linnet
- Emilie Moldow Vi finder hjem
Songwriters: Engelina, Ole Brodersen, Kasper Larsen, Basim
- GlamboyP Right By Your Side
Songwriters: Mathias Kallenberger, Andreas Berlin, Jasmine Anderson
- Nadia Malm Before You Forget Me
Songwriters: Nadia Malm
- Basim Cliche Love Song
Songwriters: Lasse Lindorff, Kim Nowak-Zorde, Daniel Fält, Basim
- Anna David It Hurts
Songwriters: Anna David, Lasse Lindorff, Kim Nowak-Zorde, Jeremy Huffleman, Marli Harwood, Michael Harwood, Nick Keynes.
- Michael Rune feat. Natascha Bessez Wanna be Loved
Songwriters: Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Larsson, Luke Madden, Lemare Obika
Louise Wolff and Jacob Riising host the show
The show will be hosted by Louise Wolff and Jacob Riising, two experienced Melodi Grand Prix hosts.
Grand Prix legends perform
There would be no Melodi Grand Prix without nostalgia, and tonight, several former participants visit to perform past songs. Among them are Rollo & King (Denmark 2001), though without Signe Svendsen, Kirsten Sigaard (Denmark 1984, 1985, 1988), and Birthe Kjær (Denmark 1989).
A jury consisting of five members will hold 50 percent of the power in the first round of voting. It consists of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix legend Jørgen “Mylle” de Mylius, producer Cutfather, producer Chief1, singer Søs Fenger, and singer Camille Jones.
- Jørgen “Mylle” de Mylius: Not a single Dane is unware of who Mylle is, having been part of the Danish selection for over 30 years as planner, host, and commentator.
- Cutfather (Mich Hedin Hansen): Mostly known in Denmark for being an X Factor judge, Cutfather is an accomplished producer with several international hits to his name.
- Chief1 (Lars Pedersen): Also a successful producer, Chief1 has participated at the Danish national selection as a songwriter several times, being a part of the team that created the 2012 winner “Should’ve Known Better” with Soluna Samay.
- Søs Fenger: A highly successful singer/songwriter, Søs Fenger has been a part of the Danish music scene and culture for over 30 years. Back in 1982, she herself participated in the Danish selection.
- Camille Jones: While Danish-American singer/songwriter Camille Jones received critical acclaim in Denmark back in 2001, she reached international success in 2007 with her single “The Creeps” which became a worldwide club hit once remixed by Fedde le Grand.
Once the 10 songs have been performed and the first voting round is over, the 10 will be cut to three. The voting opens again, with both the jury and the public deciding the final winner. Each will have 30 points to give.
What do the betting odds say?
Among the Danish betting agencies, there is no clear picture of a definite favorite to win the show. Between the four major Danish agencies, Bryan Rice, Anna David, Michael Rune feat. Natascha Bessez, Nadia Malm, and Rebekka Thornbech are all getting equally favoring betting odds.
In a field of 10 contestants, you might as well throw a coin into the air, making for a very exciting and unpredictable final!
The final of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix will air at 20:00 CET on DR1 and will be streamed online at DR’s website.