Tonight: The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2014 live from Malta!
For the 12th time, it is once again time for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest!
Tonight, at 19:00 CET, 16 participating countries will compete in Malta under the slogan #together, to become the 2014 winner and possibly bring the show to their home country.
The Malta Shipbuilding hall in Marsa, 10 minutes outside of the capital, will host the big show. This is the first time that Eurovision is on Maltese soil. Moira Delia will guide the audience through the night, on the Italian-designed stage, in front of roughly 4500 audience members.
Tonight’s show will see Italy, Montenegro, and Slovenia take part in their first ever Junior Eurovision!
When tweeting, the official hashtags are #together and #jesc2014.
The running order tonight:
- Belarus – Nadezhda Misyakova – “Sokal”
- Bulgaria – Krisia, Hasan & Ibrahim – “Planet of the Children”
- San Marino – The Peppermints – “Breaking My Heart”
- Croatia – Josie – “Game Over”
- Cyprus – Sophia Patsalides – “I Pio Omorfi Mera”
- Georgia – Lizi Pop – “Happy Day”
- Sweden – Julia Kedhammar – “Du Är Inte Ensam”
- Ukraine – Sympho-Nick – “Spring Will Come”
- Slovenia – Ula Ložar – “Nisi sam (Your Light)”
- Montenegro – Maša Vujadinović & Lejla Vulić – “Budi Dijete Na Jedan Dan”
- Italy – Vincenzo Cantiello – “Tu Primo Grande Amore”
- Armenia – Betty – “People of the Sun”
- Russia – Alisa Kozhikina – “Dreamer”
- Serbia – Emilija Đonin – “Svet u Mojim Očima”
- Malta – Federica Falzon – “Diamonds”
- Netherlands – Julia – “Around”
The winner will be found by 50 % jury and 50 % televote. Yesterday, the jury cast their votes in the second dress rehearsal, and the rest is now up to Europe!
Additionally, an online winner will be found for the first time, as the whole world gets to vote for their favorite! This will not influence the official result, but is a secondary title. The online winner will be revealed at the winner’s press conference after the show.
Photos: EBU: Elena Volotova / Maria Mifsud