Tonight: Unser Song für Dänemark - Germany chooses!
After announcing the first seven professional acts back in December, the line-up of the German final “Unser Song für Dänemark” was completed two weeks ago when Elaiza was selected as the eighth and final contestant.
Tonight, it is time for the German representative for Copenhagen to be selected in a big show, live from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne!
The eight finalists and their songs are:
- Das Gezeichnete Ich – “Weil Du Da Bist” / “Echo”
- Oceana – “Thank You” / “All Night”
- Santiano – “The Fiddler on the Deck” / “Wir Werden Niemals Untergehen”
- MarieMarie – “Cotton Candy Hurricane” / “Candy Jar”
- The Baseballs – “Mo Hotta Mo Betta” / “Goodbye Peggy Sue”
- Elaiza – “Is It Right” / “Fight Against Myself”
- Unheilig – “Als Wär’s Das Erste Mal” / “Wir Sind Alle Wie Eins”
- Madeline Juno – “Like Lovers Do” / “Error”
Emmelie de Forest and Emma Marrone guest star
The show will feature two Eurovision stars, with last year’s winner Emmelie de Forest opening the show with her winning song “Only Teardrops” and later entertaining with the 2014 Eurovision theme “Rainmaker.”
The 2014 Italian representative Emma Marrone will also perform her entry “La Mia Cittá.” Additionally, popular German singer Adel Tawil will guest the show, having helped with the wildcard round of “Unser Song für Dänemark.”
Three rounds of voting
Unfortunately, not all songs will be performed tonight. In the first round, the artists’ first song will be performed, after which the public will vote for their favorite. The top four will move on to the second round, where they will get to sing their second songs. The phone lines will be opened again, and the field will be cut down to a top two. This is where the public will decide which artist or group will go to Copenhagen and what song they will bring.
When: 20:15 CET
Where: Click to watch!
Photos: Thomas Hanses / EBU