Tonight: Unser Song für Österreich - Germany chooses!
After announcing the first seven professional acts back in January, the line-up of the German final “Unser Song für Österreich” was completed two weeks ago when Ann Sophie was selected as the eighth and final contestant.
Tonight, it is time for the German representative for Vienna to be selected in a big show, live from the Expo Plaza Arena in Hannover!
The eight finalists and their songs are:
- Fahrenhaidt – Frozen Silence and Mother Earth
- Faun – Hörst du die Trommeln and Abschied
- Alexa Feser – Glück and Das Gold von morgen
- Mrs. Greenbird – Shine, Shine, Shine and Take My Hand
- Andreas Kümmert – Home Is In My Hands and Heart Of Stone
- Laing – Zeig Deine Muskeln and Wechselt die Beleuchtung
- Noize Generation – Song For You and Crazy Now
- Ann Sophie – Jump The Gun and Black Smoke
The show will be hosted by Barbara Schöneberger. Mark Forster, Stephanie Heinzmann, and 2014 winner, Conchita Wurst, will be the entertainers during the interval act.
Three rounds of voting
Unfortunately, not all songs will be performed tonight. In the first round, the artists’ first song will be performed, after which the public will vote for their favorite. The top four will move on to the second round, where they will get to sing their second songs. The phone lines will be opened again, and the field will be cut down to a top two. This is where the public will decide which artist or group will go to Vienna and what song they will bring.