What's happening today: Day 7
Today it’s time for the Big 5 countries (Italy, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, France) and host Denmark to rehearse their songs for the first time. These rehearsals are closed to the press. Also, there are a lot of events happening outside of Eurovision Island. The official opening of Eurovision Village and the Opening Ceremony will take place today.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
11:50 – 12:20 CET
Press conference with hosts
For the first time, the press will have the chance to speak to the hosts of Eurovision 2014.
10:00 – 14:40 CET
First rehearsals on stage
Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, Denmark
- 13:00 – 13:15 Jessica Mauboy (Australia)
- 14:15 – 14:30 Valentina Monetta (San Marino)
- 14:45 – 15:00 Tijana Dapčević (Macedonia)
- 15:30 – 15:45 Aarzemnieki (Latvia)
- 16:00 – 16:15 Sebalter (Switzerland)
- 16:15 – 16:30 Firelight (Malta)
- 16:30 – 16:45 Hersi Matmuja (Albania)
18:00 – 20:30 CET
The Eurovision 2014 stars will arrive and walk the red carpet at Copenhagen City Hall. There will be a photo pool and a journalist pool. Upon the rec carpet event’s conclusion, the Opening Ceremony will take inside the City Hall, but is only for the delegations, making it closed to the press.
The Olsen Brothers will entertain the City Hall Square prior to the Red Carpet at 17:00 CET.
The event can be watched live on Eurovision.tv.
21:00 – 04:00 CET
OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY AFTER-PARTY
- Quizzes and sing-along
- Fan and press photo sessions
- Tim Schou (From A Friend In London – Denmark 2011)
- Drama Queen (Denmark 2007)
- Denmark (Basim)
- Spain (Ruth Lorenzo)
- Albania (Hersi)
- France (TWIN TWIN)
- Austria (Conchita Wurst)
- DJ Douze Points (Germany)
- DJ FirstRANK (Netherlands)